Gary Con post-con report

So last week was Gary Con, and it was, as always, a blast. It's really become in just the two years I've been going, my favorite con of all time. Some highlights of this year:

I got my first-printing Deities & Demigods, and my OD&D Gods, Demi-Gods, and Heroes signed by Jim Ward, who I maintain today is just one of the most wonderful people in gaming. He's a genuinely caring, kind man who I feel honored to interact with on social media and get the chance to briefly talk with every year at GC.

I ran a preview of the 5e Role Playing version of Amazing Adventures, and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, to the tune of, "When can we get this?" and "How can we get on the mailing list for the Kickstarter?" It was very positive feedback.

Fun was had by my other two groups as well (a D&D 5e game highlighting our Aihrde campaign setting, and a classic AA game).

Sales were great and TLG made some awesome contacts in and around the industry.

I got to play in not one, but two C&C games, one at an open table on Friday night run by Jesse Bailey of the Crusader podcast, and one a closed private game on Saturday night. Both games were a blast.

My DCC and 5e sourcebooks for Fred Saberhagen's Empire of the East trilogy were announced by Goodman Games, and Joe Goodman was kind enough to gift me with a full-size cardboard canvas print of the cover art by Will Rees:


Of course, I also got to spend time with good friends and fans that I see only once a year, like Scott and Heather Ashcraft of Pick Up and Go Games, Todd Bunn, Shane Bradley, Ted Wallerstadt, and Dakota Alvarado-Ortiz, and I got to briefly chat with Mike Mornard, which is always a pleasure. I got to (at last, after all these years) meet Mac Golden, one of the co-founders of Troll Lord Games and the co-creator of the SIEGE Engine, which was great. I got to see Todd Gray, who I haven't seen in several years. I saw Joe Mangianello, but didn't get to say hello. One area where Gary Con could do better is in having a way to make their special guests more accessible.

All-in-all, it was just a fantastic weekend, and I really enjoyed myself. As always, my only regret is that there's never enough time to do all the things and see all the folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Darkness Spell in 5e is Pointless

Lembas - Elvish Waybread: a real-world recipe

Tech Blog: Xiaomi Mi Box S vs NVIDIA SHIELD TV Android TV Boxes

Psionics in Dungeons & Dragons Part I: Original D&D

Psionics in Dungeons & Dragons, Part II: Advanced D&D

MCU Films: Multiversal Order

Review: Original Dungeons & Dragons Premium Reprint

Wasted Lands - a Completely Customizable RPG

Gummi Bears - Bouncing Here and There and Everywhere