Gen Con: Day Two

Day Two: fun continues.  I actually discovered something I've been waiting for--the expansion for the Deadlands boardgame is out!  Bought that instantly.  I also picked up a little something for Julie--I don't want to say what it is because she reads this blog, but I will probably be writing reviews of everything I got this weekend for Play Unplugged.

Taej and I had lunch at Johnny Rocket's--an annual tradition.  Chocolate Coke, bacon cheeseburger, and chili cheese fries!  My doctor would have a conniption.

Which reminds me: I had to stop swimming. The pool here (like the pool last year) is salt water for some reason, and it was really severely messing up my eyes.  Like, they got sore and so bloodshot it almost looked like a burst blood vessel.  So that had to go.  However, Rico made good on his promise to teach me a few moves for weight lifting and get me started on a workout plan, so that's good.  We worked out for about an hour: 40 minutes of lifting and 20 of cardio.  Felt good.  I believe I'm down 3 or 4 lbs already from when I was weighed at the doc's a few weeks ago, which is great.  All the walking one does at a convention helps a lot, too.

No gaming events today.  Hung out with the Trolls a bit more.  Nothing really going on.  Tomorrow Taej and I are going to Scotty's for breakfast/brunch because we discovered they have Crunch Berry Battered French Toast, and that just sounds like a ridiculously good idea.  Actually, it sounds like a ridiculously BAD, but awesomely TASTY, idea.  I'm not sure I'll take that plunge, but Taej wants to.

Overall, as usual, having a great time here, but the week is going way too fast.  Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to report.  There are a few Shadowrun 4 books that keep whispering to me to buy them, but I have not given in to temptation yet.

More tomorrow.  Till then, Excelsior!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Darkness Spell in 5e is Pointless

Lembas - Elvish Waybread: a real-world recipe

Tech Blog: Xiaomi Mi Box S vs NVIDIA SHIELD TV Android TV Boxes

Psionics in Dungeons & Dragons Part I: Original D&D

Psionics in Dungeons & Dragons, Part II: Advanced D&D

MCU Films: Multiversal Order

Review: Original Dungeons & Dragons Premium Reprint

Wasted Lands - a Completely Customizable RPG

Gummi Bears - Bouncing Here and There and Everywhere